Rumble in the Rockies
2017 Southwest Invitational Tournament
July 22nd and 23rd
We’re excited to announce the format of the 2017 Southwest Invitational. The goal of this competition is to bring together the clubs of the Southwestern Division of the USGAA, as well as clubs from our neighboring divisions for a weekend of competition and celebration of Gaelic Games.
Lowry Sports Complex, Denver, Colorado
Three grass pitches of 135ft by 85ft with a Rocky Mountain backdrop
- Pool play format with minimum of 2 games and max of 3 games per team
- 20 minute halves with 5 minute halftime. All games will start on the hour. No extra time will be played in case of draws or injuries.
- 13 players a side with unlimited rolling subs
- Each team will have either a championship or consolation match to play on Sunday
- Matchups will be determined by pool play results
- All games will be completed by 1:00 pm so teams can make afternoon travel home
Teams & Schedule
This tournament is primarily a competition for the clubs of the Southwest Division. That being said we will invite a few select teams from neighboring divisions to round out the competition across all codes and grades.
- Teams will be added as confirmed
- 1st draft schedule to be released by June 15th
- Final schedule released July 15th
Southwest Invitational Team Registration
To accurately gauge the number of teams and arrange the resources and facilities required to host this event, we’re collecting a deposit of $100 per team. If we collect enough money to sustain the event via grants and sponsorship funding we will reimburse participating teams.
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North
4040 Quebec Street
Denver, Colorado 80216
The Rumble in the Rockies Southwest Invitational Tournament is proud to announce they are a recipient of the GAA/DFA Global Games Development Initiative 2017.